Write your search here
  • FAQs
  • Claim Journey
  • Serious Injury
  • INK

A loss refers to something which you have been deprived of as a direct result of the accident. This can be a financial loss, such as loss of earnings.

  • If you are employed, we will need wage slips usually covering 3 months prior to the date of accident, and covering the duration of your absence from work. We will also require a letter from your employer, and in certain circumstances we may require access to your personnel records. For example, if the accident happened in May 2019 and you returned to work in May 2020, we will probably need to request wage slips from March 2019 to May 2020, so that any loss of earnings is properly evidenced.
  • If you are self-employed, we would need the last three years of profit and loss accounts/tax returns (or as many as the business has been active for) and evidence of lost jobs/work as a result of the accident. The key point to remember is that if you wish to claim for any lost income, you must evidence that loss properly. We can talk through this with you.