We are proud of our diversity, equality and inclusion culture and were recently awarded the Diversity & Inclusion Award at the 2023 British Claims Awards. We are committed to ensuring our practices extend to our recruitment process. This includes:
- Ensuring that adverts are using inclusive language and non-gender bias references.
- We regularly review our attraction and selection methods to ensure we are encouraging a diverse pool of potential candidates to apply, and we proactively make reasonable adjustments and adaptions to our selection processes where needed.
- We make decisions on how we can remove barriers to entry in the recruitment process, e.g. running assessment centres virtually, sending materials/questions in advance to allow candidates to prepare effectively, and allowing additional time on any tests or interview questions.
- We continuously train our recruiting managers to think of ways we break down formal barriers to allow candidates to present their best and most confident self in the selection process.
- We are constantly looking to widen our search areas by reviewing our attraction pools with considerations made regarding socio-economic/ local demographics/cultural diversity to reflect the region we are located in.
Minster Law is committed to ensuring the accessibility of our website so that all our customers can access its contents. Our website is updated, taking into account Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1. We have made efforts to improve our digital accessibility through:
- Alternative text on non-decorative images
- Correcting colour contrast
- Improving our website layout to allow for easier access for those not using a mouse or trackpad.
- Reviewing our language to ensure the removal of jargon and introducing a glossary to help make the language used by the legal industry more accessible.
Whilst we have tried to make our site as accessible as possible, we know that we have some further improvements to make. This is an active and ongoing commitment, and we invite any feedback on how to make our website or recruitment more inclusive. Suggestions can be emailed to [email protected]