Did you know that when driving at 30mph, your stopping distance is double than driving at 20mph?
Speeding is a major contributor to accidents, injury and fatalities on public roads, which is why we’re supporting Brake’s 2017 Road Safety Week theme of #SpeedDownSaveLives. Ahead of the campaign kick-off next week, we asked our Twitter followers whether they think 20mph is fast enough for built-up areas (rather than 30mph) and the results are in!
Interestingly, 75% of those surveyed agree that 20mph is more than enough, while the remaining 25% think 20mph is not fast enough.
Did you vote in our Twitter poll? Join the debate at www.twitter.com/minsterlawuk and don’t miss our exclusive Brake Road Safety Week content series starting on 20 November.